This is a contractual sales agreement for the ownership of a show quality Irish Setter. The parties to this agreement are Jill Taylor (seller) and (purchaser).
1. Ownership shall be transferred to the purchaser upon the receipt of the total selling price in cash or certified cheque, which is due when the purchaser takes possession of the dog. If at such time the registration papers are not available, they will be mailed as soon as possible.
2. The purchaser agrees to provide general and veterinary care for the dog. Jill Taylor will replace the dog with a puppy should the dog have any disqualifying fault, PRA, juvenile cataracts, hip dysplasia, or any other genetically-transmitted disease. This replacement shall occur from the first litter bred or any other litter mutually agreed upon by the parties to this contract following diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian, and proof of spaying/neutering of original dog or return of original dog (at the expense of the purchaser).
3. The purchaser agrees that the animal will be kept and maintained in the home of the purchaser with proper feeding, care, shelter and a fenced yard. The purchasers further agrees to attend one series of obedience classes and to educate them self in the characteristics of the breed in order to fully understand the habits, history, and advantages of Irish Setter ownership.
4. The purchaser agrees to adhere to the heath guidelines supplied at the time of purchase. If these guidelines are not followed #2 of this contract becomes null and void.
5. The seller(s) guarantee that this animal is in good health. A health record will be supplied at the time the buyer takes possession of the animal. Purchaser agrees to have this animal examined by a licensed veterinarian within 48 hours of taking possession. If the puppy's health is found to be unsatisfactory within 48 hours of the veterinarian's examination, it may be returned for a full refund. If for any reason the purchaser can no longer keep the puppy/dog, the puppy/dog will be returned to Jill Taylor (at the expense of purchaser) and she will sell the puppy and give the purchaser the difference between the sale price and board.
6. The purchaser agrees to show this puppy for conformation and , if possible, to the completion of its AKC & CKC championships, at the expense of the purchaser. The purchaser also agrees NOT to breed this puppy until hips, eyes, and thyroid have been cleared and at least one title has been obtained on the dog.
7. This agreement is made and signed by both parties to assure the well being and protection of this animal and to help assure the continued soundness and quality of the Irish Setter breed. No part of this contract is transferable, any and all litigation that may take place will occur within the state/province Jill Taylor resides.
Deposits are not refundable!
Send mail to
questions and/ or comments about this web site.