This is a contractual sales agreement for the ownership of an Irish Setter. The parties to this agreement are Jill Taylor (seller) and (purchaser).
1. Ownership shall be transferred to the purchaser upon the receipt of the total selling price. The individual CKC registrations papers will be mailed as soon as possible.
2. The seller(s) guarantee that this animal is in good health. A health record will be supplied at the time the buyer takes possession of the animal. Purchaser agrees to have this animal examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of taking possession. If the puppy’s health is found to be unsatisfactory within 72 hours of the veterinarian’s examination, it may be returned for a full refund.
3. The purchaser agrees to provide general and veterinary care for the dog. Seller(s) will replace the dog with a puppy should the dog have any genetically transmitted disease that prevents it from being a sound healthy pet. This replacement shall occur from the first litter bred or any other litter mutually agreed upon by the parties to this contract following diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian, and return (at the expense of the purchaser) of dog.
4. The purchaser agrees that the animal will be kept and maintained in the home of the purchaser with proper feeding, care, shelter and a fenced yard. The purchasers further agree to attend one series of obedience classes and to educate themselves in the characteristics of the breed in order to fully understand the habits, history, and advantages of Irish Setter ownership.
5. The purchaser agrees to adhere to the health guidelines supplied at the time of purchase. If these guidelines are not followed #3 of this contract becomes null and void.
6. This puppy will not be used for breeding purposes without the approval of Jill Taylor and may be sold on a limited registration at the discretion of Jill Taylor. If the dog is bred without approval a $3000.00 breach of contract fee along with $3000.00 per puppy that results from the unapproved breeding.
7. If for any reason the purchaser can no longer keep the puppy/dog, the puppy/dog will be returned to Jill Taylor (at the cost of the purchaser) and she will sell the puppy and give the purchaser the difference between the sale price and board. If the purchaser(s) passes away the dog will be bequeathed to Jill Taylor.
8. This agreement is made and signed by both parties to assure the well-being and protection of this animal and to help assure the continued soundness and quality of the Irish Setter breed. No part of this contract is transferable, any and all litigation that may take place will occur within the province Jill Taylor resides.